Thursday, February 19, 2015

Temple Square: Winter 2014 ~ Part 1

In a previous post I shared two photos from our visit to Temple Square in Salt Lake City, Utah. We visited on December 30, 2014 before the beautiful Christmas lights and decorations were removed.

It was beautiful there, but very cold! In fact, as I mentioned in my previous post, it was so cold that our DSLR camera quit working. It appears that the batteries couldn't handle the frigid temperatures. Our son told us that the "feels like" temperature was 5 degrees. Brrr!

I thought I'd share more pictures from our visit that night. I didn't take as many photos as I would have liked, but it was just too cold to stay outside.

It had snowed the previous Sunday and Monday and the temperatures didn't go above freezing the week we were in Utah, so there was snow on the grounds of Temple Square.

We had parked in the City Creek Center underground parking garage, so we walked through part of City Creek Center to get to Temple Square. I took this picture while we were walking through City Creek Center. The Salt Lake Temple is visible across the street in the photo below.



We crossed the street and were greeted by the stunning beauty of Temple Square. The gorgeous Salt Lake Temple is behind the trees in this photo.



This is the Assembly Hall which was built between 1877 and 1882. The Seagull Monument is in front of it in the photo below.



This is the Handcart Pioneer Monument which is near the Assembly Hall.



I took these photos with our DSLR camera before it stopped working. I'll share more photos from our visit to Temple Square in a future post.

Thanks for stopping by!


© 2015 Copyright by Jana Last, All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...