Sunday, September 27, 2015

Spiritual Thought Sunday ~ A Beautifully Moving Hymn


I was watching BYUtv yesterday and happened to catch the last half of the wonderful movie "17 Miracles" by T.C. Christensen. I've seen this movie before and I love it. It's powerful and moving. It's based on actual events that took place as the Willie Handcart Company traveled from Iowa City, Iowa to Salt Lake City, Utah in 1856.

One of the musical pieces that accompanies the movie is an arrangement of the LDS hymn "Savior, Redeemer of My Soul" sung by Dallyn Vail Bayles.

I love it and want to share it with you today. I found this video of Dallyn Vail Bayles singing this inspiring hymn. It's from his album "Prayer."




"Savior, Redeemer of My Soul" Lyrics

1. Savior, Redeemer of my soul,
Whose mighty hand hath made me whole,
Whose wondrous pow'r hath raised me up
And filled with sweet my bitter cup!
What tongue my gratitude can tell,
O gracious God of Israel.

2. Never can I repay thee, Lord,
But I can love thee. Thy pure word,
Hath it not been my one delight,
My joy by day, my dream by night?
Then let my lips proclaim it still,
And all my life reflect thy will.

3. O'errule mine acts to serve thine ends.
Change frowning foes to smiling friends.
Chasten my soul till I shall be
In perfect harmony with thee.
Make me more worthy of thy love,
And fit me for the life above.

Text: Orson F. Whitney, 1855-1931


I'm eternally grateful for Jesus Christ, Savior and Redeemer of my soul. I love Him.

Thank you, dear reader, for stopping by. I hope you enjoyed listening to this beautifully moving hymn.



© 2015 Copyright by Jana Last, All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...